Friday, April 6, 2012

Motion City Soundtrack/Trampled by Turtles (Split)

I recently found this at record store and freaked out, for many reasons.  First off, I was with my friend Elliott, and he introduced me to Trampled by Turtles.  Second, Motion City Soundtrack was covering my favorite song by them (and I love MCS).  Third, it was only 3 bucks!  This 7 inch features TbT (trampled by turtles) covering a MCS (motion city soundtrack) song, and vice versa.  "Wait so long" is basically a punk rock folk song, and you can listen to it here.  This song is really near and dear to me because when I first heard it I was dealing with a lot of emotions (and it was really cold outside) and this just seemed to capture any angst and frustration that I was feeling, and send it off into the cold, dark night.  You could say it gave me an "out with the old, and in with the new" feeling which is what I needed for some time.  Now after hearing this song and loving it, I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I heard the MCS version.  It's way to slow (listen for yourself MCS version) but the more I listen to it, the more I like it.  The other side is TbT covering a MCS song.  I can't really say a whole lot about this one because I am not familiar with the original, but feel free to judge them for me.  original versioncover version.  If you can't see the record, it is pressed on blue wax and smells just lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment