Monday, April 9, 2012

Since by Man - We Sing the Body Electric

For those of you who know their classical music, since by man is a title of one of the movements in Handel's Messiah, (which was my last post) but this band has nothing to do with Handel.  Since by Man (often written as ¡sincebyman!) is a hardcore band from Milwaukee, and was one of the projects formed after the band Managra broke up, (Managra guitarist Eric Alonso was the bass player for Since by Man) If you want to here what Managra sounds like click here!  We Sing the Body Electric was released in 2002 (although the record has a copyright date of 2003) on Revelation Records, and the LP was actually pressed by Revelation, which isn't that common.  I also noticed that the numbering on the vinyl itself was hand carved into the wax, which makes it that much cooler.  I can give you a taste of what the record sounds like, but I will advise you to turn down the volume, as this one starts out with a lot of screaming.  Click here to hear "Push the Panic"


1 comment:

  1. I was disappointed this wasn't more Handel, but I guess I'll live ;) Records seem cool, but I can't say I know a whole lot about them. I very much enjoyed listening to the Bing Crosby and John Denver records my in-laws have though :)

    ReplyDelete